- When and why was the FCPA enacted?
- Has the FCPA been amended since 1977?
- What are the FCPA’s main provisions?
- Who is subject to the anti-bribery provisions?
- What do the anti-bribery provisions prohibit?
- What does “anything of value” mean?
- What does “foreign official” mean?
- What does “obtain or retain business” mean?
- Does the FCPA have any exceptions or affirmative defenses?
- Can a third-party subject a company to anti-bribery violations?
- What do the books and records and internal control provisions prohibit?
- Which agencies enforce the FCPA?
- How do the enforcement agencies typically find out about FCPA issues?
- Why has FCPA enforcement increased?
- How are FCPA enforcement actions typically resolved?
- How are FCPA fines, penalties, and sentences calculated?
- Are companies that resolve FCPA enforcement actions “bad” or “unethical”?
- What about the bribe-takers?
- What is the FCPA Opinion Release Procedure?
- Do other countries have "FCPA-like" laws?